Digital rewards, specifically e-gift cards, are the most effective incentive today. They can be implemented in a variety of use cases and help influence and incentivize desired behaviors and actions. We have seen many different ways that rewards can be integrated into a program, ranging from employee recognition to payment disbursements and customer loyalty. Here are six use cases that could be implemented at any company:
- Customer Loyalty: Easily incentivize and reward loyal customers with instant e-gift cards. When your customer comes back or helps you out, give them a “branded currency” that rewards them the power of choice and a brand they love. We team up with Louder Rewards, an app you can download to earn points and redeem free rewards as a sports fanatic. We help Louder Rewards deliver to loyal fans across the country, giving them the freedom to choose their favorite rewards, no matter what team they are rooting for.
- Payment Disbursements: Streamline your rebate or incentive program with a fast and cheap alternative. Gift cards are not a regulated product under U.S. AML policy so they are an efficient and desirable substitute compared to check or direct deposit payouts. We see e-gift cards win every head to head competition with checks. Take McGraw-Hill, a learning science company, who rewards academic professionals for reviewing textbooks. They were able to cut time and processing costs while improving recipient happiness by sending e-gift cards. This use case is also known as honorarium, or the payment given for professional services that are typically rendered without charge.
- Research and Panels: Increase survey responses and engage panelists with e-gift cards. Including a reward as an incentive is a great way to entice people to complete surveys. Kinesis, a community and panel management platform, made it possible for their customers to create reward catalogs with just a few clicks by integrating the RaaS API. It is a huge value add for their customers to be able to set up their own program to drive response rates and motivate panelists.
- Wellness Apps: Drive engagement and healthy decisions with desirable rewards delivered immediately. Get employees on a healthier track by offering rewards to get them moving. We work with Jiff, a health benefits platform, in order to get digital rewards into the hands of employees efficiently. By delivering personalized incentives Jiff increases the utilization of services which is proven to save employees money. Learn more about how that works here.
- Employee Rewards: Recognizing the people that help keep your company running smoothly is important for many reasons. Create a better work culture and set goals while awarding people for taking initiative and hitting milestones. Our partner, Rust-Oleum, uses rewards in their own program to improve quality in their mostly factory-based work culture. When an employee identifies a problem with a current process and offers a solution they are rewarded for taking the initiative. Not only does Rust-Oleum benefit from improving processes within the company, but the employee who suggests the improvement is rewarded for doing something positive.
- Sales and Marketing: Encourage salespeople and incentivize prospects with rewards they’ll love. People thrive off recognition and rewarding them for hitting milestones is a great way to keep the wheels turning. Salesforce works with us to automate the reward fulfillment process and deliver spot awards to sales and marketing individuals inside of the CRM.
If you have a need for e-gift cards, we suggest working with an expert provider – check one out here!
Written by Kasia McCormick
Kasia may be a fresh face on the Tango Card marketing team but her background in hospitality and PR make her the total package when it comes to telling Tango Card customers’ stories and organizing our customer advocate program. She also blends perfectly on the marketing team, where the two main themes are German Shepherds and tequila.